BreakAway Casting Cannon
The Breakaway Cannon is a casting aid that helps achieve a more powerful cast with a spinning outfit. It simple attached to the rod and is easy to use.
In distance casting the most important element of your cast is holding down your line until the power stroke is completed. You want to distribute as much casting energy into throwing your lure/bait without making your spool rotate. You want to achieve this without damge to your finger. This may not be easy without mechanical assistance.
The Cannon is attached onto the rod in-line with the guide rings and nearest to the spool in a comfortable position. You're using this on a spinning reel so remember to allow for clearance space when the bail arm flips and rotates. Attach the Cannon onto the rod with vinyl tape (electrical tape) once you are satisfied with the position. The BreakAway BC1 Cannon aka "Bionic Finger" is a great tool to use when casting heavy weights. Anglers who cast a lot of heavy weights will appreciate The BreakAway Cannon. The Cannon takes and holds your line tight for you instead of putting pressure on your index finger. To use just open reel bail and pull off enough line for casting then loop your line around the "Finger" of the Cannon and pinch pushing trigger down to pivot metal loop to hold line. At the correct moment in the cast you simlpy release the trigger and away goes your line. The Cannon is the solution for throwing big plugs or weights with monofilament or braided line without a damaged finger. The Cannon is the quickest way for someone to improve their casting distance performance. Eliminate damage to your finger while casting by using the BreakAway BC1 Cannon "Bionic Finger".
Consider the following when Power Casting
- When power casting, you should have enough leader to wrap around spool multiple times before proceeding with your cast. Have a heavy enough leader because of the extreme forces generated when Power Casting. Otherwise, you can snap line and have uncontrolled dangerous projectiles.
- When power casting, check that your drag is very tight to prevent spool from rotating. You can back-off after the cast to fight fish properly.
- When powers casting using a light drag setting, you can wrap leader around the Cannon finger two or three times to allow for casting without spool breaking its drag setting and rotating.
This is an authentic BreakAway Casting Cannon made in the UK
Shipping (Shipping, Handling, Insurance)
All packages are shipped with tracking and insurance at no additional cost to you.
To most destinations Standard Shipping is a 1-5 business day transit time service.
- Fisherman's Headquarters offers Free Standard Shipping On Orders Over $75 (merchandise total) shipped within the 48 Contiguous United States (AK, HI, PR excluded).
- Free Shipping does NOT apply or on large "oversized" and "overweight" items such as, but not limited too; fishing rods, blanks, gaffs, harpoons, coolers, cooler racks, large rod racks, beach carts.
- For orders under $75 (merchandise total) our Standard Shipping option is a Flat $5.99 fee.
Returns & Exchanges
- Within a 10 day period of time (from delivery date), we offer a no questions asked returns of new merchandise (must be unused). Item must be in brand new condition in their original box, including packaging materials, manuals, tags and accessories.
- Simply send the package back to us with a copy of your invoice and a note instructing us. For example, "Exchange for size." Or, "Return for credit."
- Please allow 5-10 business days for a return/exchange to be received, inspected and processed. Exchange or refund amount excludes shipping charge.
- After 10 days all returns must be approved and will be subject to a 10% restocking fee or given store credit. Please contact us for approval.
We reserve the right to refuse any return at anytime. No returns or exchanges on bait, custom and special ordered merchandise.
- Packages greater than 72" in length are considered "Heavy Merchandise", "Oversized", and "Overweight" packages.
- These items will require an additional shipping cost due to size and weight.
High Value Merchandise
- Signature is required at delivery for all orders over $500. Prepare accordingly because there's only three attempts before it is returned to sender. At which time the customer will have to wait and pay for the reshipment.