Outrodders allow an angler to cover more water, avoid tangles and create a wider spread for drift or trolled baits. EZ Outrodders are unlike any other outrodder available. There revolutionary design is EZ-Outrodders from Tony Majaheavy duty and user friendly; hinging rod holder and gimble lock system. EZ Outrodders are a must have accessory when trolling inshore and offshore. They are great for wire line trolling striped bass and bluefish as well as big game trolling for tuna and marlin in the canyons. The EZ-Outrodders inserts and locks into any flush mount rod holder and allow the angler to positions the rod out and away from boat parallel to the water surface. The rod holder (unlike others) hinges to change the rod position from horizontal to vertical in seconds. EZ-Outrodders are much safer than ordinary rod holders because they eliminate the need for leaning over gunwale to remove rod. * Note: Package contains two E-Z Out-Rodder rod holders.
After two years of testing using the most punishing trolling techniques the verdict is in -- the E-Z Out-Rodder is a hit! The old saying "necessity is the mother of invention" aptly describes just how this product came about. Tony Arcabascio is one of the northeast's preeminent striped bass trollers with over two decades experience in using wire line to catch monster linesiders. His boat, rods, reels and lures were always meticulously set up for the job, but the one weak spot in the process that annoyed him was the old-fashioned horizontal rod holders. While they projected the trolling rods out to the side of the boat, effectively spreading the trolling pattern and making many of the lures run more effectively, they were a hassle to use and in rough water could be downright dangerous. The design forced the user to lean out over the side of the boat to insert and remove rods and when a fish was hooked the added pressure made getting the rod butt out of the holder a tug-o-war. The bigger the fish, the harder to extricate the rod.
The answer to the problem was to come up with a hinge that would allow the angler to pivot the holder vertically toward the boat, but coming up with a design that could handle the incredible stresses and was easy to lock and unlock on a rocking boat wasn't easy. After machining, testing and rejecting a number of earlier designs, Arcabascio settled on one that was strong enough to pull a truck and as fool-proof to operate as a hammer.
EZ-Outrodder Hinging Demo The E-Z Out-Rodder hinges the rod-holder portion of the assembly from the base, which is inserted into the gunwale rod holder of the boat. It can be locked in two positions, either with the rod pointing straight up or horizontal to the water facing out away from the side of the boat. The system is up when deploying the rod, which is held about waist high on the average angler. Once the lures is out the holder is pivoted into the down position and the locking pin is inserted. When a fish strikes, pull the pin, lift the rod toward you and it slips out of the holder effortlessly. For changing lures or baits lock the rod holder in the up position and you can leave the rod in the holder and reel comfortably with far less strain than holding it.
The E-Z Out-Rodder is manufactured from heavy-duty marine grade aluminum and stainless steel for a lifetime of service. The rod holder portion attaches to the vertical insert through a super-strong hinge that is locked in place with a stainless steel pin attached to the unit with a short length of nylon-coated stainless cable so it cannot be dropped overboard. It incorporates a unique gimble-lock system in the base so the unit cannot slip out of the boat's rod holder, too.
This system has been field tested for five seasons by some of the top fishermen on the East Coast without a single failure and without one coming back after the test period. A testament to how well they work is none of our field testers would part with them. They are an absolute necessity for wireline trolling for any species and when used offshore add a new dimension to the trolling pattern.
For more information go to: https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
Shipping (Shipping, Handling, Insurance)
All packages are shipped with tracking and insurance at no additional cost to you.
To most destinations Standard Shipping is a 1-5 business day transit time service.
- Fisherman's Headquarters offers Free Standard Shipping On Orders Over $75 (merchandise total) shipped within the 48 Contiguous United States (AK, HI, PR excluded).
- Free Shipping does NOT apply or on large "oversized" and "overweight" items such as, but not limited too; fishing rods, blanks, gaffs, harpoons, coolers, cooler racks, large rod racks, beach carts.
- For orders under $75 (merchandise total) our Standard Shipping option is a Flat $5.99 fee.
Returns & Exchanges
- Within a 10 day period of time (from delivery date), we offer a no questions asked returns of new merchandise (must be unused). Item must be in brand new condition in their original box, including packaging materials, manuals, tags and accessories.
- Simply send the package back to us with a copy of your invoice and a note instructing us. For example, "Exchange for size." Or, "Return for credit."
- Please allow 5-10 business days for a return/exchange to be received, inspected and processed. Exchange or refund amount excludes shipping charge.
- After 10 days all returns must be approved and will be subject to a 10% restocking fee or given store credit. Please contact us for approval.
We reserve the right to refuse any return at anytime. No returns or exchanges on bait, custom and special ordered merchandise.
- Packages greater than 72" in length are considered "Heavy Merchandise", "Oversized", and "Overweight" packages.
- These items will require an additional shipping cost due to size and weight.
High Value Merchandise
- Signature is required at delivery for all orders over $500. Prepare accordingly because there's only three attempts before it is returned to sender. At which time the customer will have to wait and pay for the reshipment.