Uncle Josh 5-1/4" Striper Sea Strip
Now available for Pre Order, Expected In Stock End of May 2022.
Please purchase pre order items separately from other instock items unless you want your entire order held until we are able to fulfill the pre order item.
This original Striper sea strip features a strong active rind designed for use as a trailer on bucktails, jigs and spoons.
- Size: 5-1/4" x 5/8"
- 4 baits per jar
- New Square Jar Width: 1-7/8" (Traditional discontinued old round jar is a hair smaller)
- New Square Jar Height: 2-5/8" (Traditional discontinued old round jar is a hair shorter)
Many of the striped bass landed over the years from the beaches of the Northeast have been the attracted to lures tipped with Uncle Josh Pork Rind Baits. The Sea Strip has been out of production since 2016... Well, The Pork Is Back! Uncle Josh Sea Striper distribution is restarting May 2022.
Uncle Josh baits work best when paired with another lure to give that lure more action. A bucktail jig tipped with a pork rind strip can be very effective. Uncle Josh Sea Strips can also be added to spoons, spinnerbaits, umbrella rigs, tube lures an even spreader bars. The skin of the pork undulates tantalizingly on even the slowest retrieves, enticing a large number of gamefish in a variety of situations. The addition of the pork also causes the lure to sink more slowly, making it linger in the strike zone on the fall and allowing for slower retrieves.
Tipping lures with pork rind instead of soft-plastic baits had a number of advantages. Though soft-plastic baits are easier to store and come in a greater variety of colors and shapes, even the supplest soft plastics can't match the action of a pork rind fluttering through the water. Natural products will always appear more life-like underwater, ask any fly tier, and pork rinds are no exception. Pork rind baits are also much more durable than their soft-plastic counterparts. While even a glancing blow from a bluefish will render any soft-plastic bait useless, a pork rind can be chopped by these toothy yellow-eyed devils over and over.
Just don't forget to remove the pork rind from your hook and return it to the brine-filled jar after each trip. Otherwise, the bait will shrivel up and harden. If you can remember to restore your baits to their jars, a single pork rind will survive weeks, and even months, of heavy fishing.
Shipping (Shipping, Handling, Insurance)
All packages are shipped with tracking and insurance at no additional cost to you.
To most destinations Standard Shipping is a 1-5 business day transit time service.
- Fisherman's Headquarters offers Free Standard Shipping On Orders Over $75 (merchandise total) shipped within the 48 Contiguous United States (AK, HI, PR excluded).
- Free Shipping does NOT apply or on large "oversized" and "overweight" items such as, but not limited too; fishing rods, blanks, gaffs, harpoons, coolers, cooler racks, large rod racks, beach carts.
- For orders under $75 (merchandise total) our Standard Shipping option is a Flat $5.99 fee.
Returns & Exchanges
- Within a 10 day period of time (from delivery date), we offer a no questions asked returns of new merchandise (must be unused). Item must be in brand new condition in their original box, including packaging materials, manuals, tags and accessories.
- Simply send the package back to us with a copy of your invoice and a note instructing us. For example, "Exchange for size." Or, "Return for credit."
- Please allow 5-10 business days for a return/exchange to be received, inspected and processed. Exchange or refund amount excludes shipping charge.
- After 10 days all returns must be approved and will be subject to a 10% restocking fee or given store credit. Please contact us for approval.
We reserve the right to refuse any return at anytime. No returns or exchanges on bait, custom and special ordered merchandise.
- Packages greater than 72" in length are considered "Heavy Merchandise", "Oversized", and "Overweight" packages.
- These items will require an additional shipping cost due to size and weight.
High Value Merchandise
- Signature is required at delivery for all orders over $500. Prepare accordingly because there's only three attempts before it is returned to sender. At which time the customer will have to wait and pay for the reshipment.